I read through that list and I have to say that I'm not fitting the list too much =/
1. Patience - This is like my worst trait ever. I am very goal driven, and I often don't care how I get somewhere, but preferably fast. I also have massive difficulty to wait for someone to finish, and if I ever have to teach others I'm hopping from feet to feet, eager to take over, and show them how it's done...the fast way.
My theory: if you keep banging your head against the wall all you end up having is a very bloody forehead. Basically, step back and think at a certain point, instead of just keeping at it. Maybe you're just not ready.
3. A sense of humor - I hope sarcasm counts, because otherwise I'm failing heavily on this point.
4. A keen sense to follow direction - Erm...does a keen sense to give directions count? Cause I love telling people what to do.
5. Ability to take ownership - Ooooh, one that I can score on. Yes, I do make sure that my character is as ready as possibly can be...or do I? I have to admit that I still haven't spent the 6K gold it would take to get my boots or belt created...
6. Look to those who came before you - I guess so...then again, I started by looking a lot at Matt Low when I changed to disc. I was hoping every day that information was coming about disc priests on worldofmatticus...and it just didn't come. Not until we were several months into the expansion did he discover disc. From then on there was nothing to find about holy anymore btw, funny how that works.
Otherwise, been looking for a good disc priest to look at, but they are hard to find. Then again, maybe I'm just too stubborn and often don't agree with a lot of the theory crafting I see.
7. Never be afraid to step out of the box - Well...in my last answer you could already see that I am definitely not affraid to step out of the box. In fact, I'm firmly against boxes. Don't stick people in those confined spaces, at least not until you have a box for each of them.
9. Know your role - Oh my, I love healing, and on my priest I definitely stick to healing. But on my druid..I swear that wasn't the boomkin casting those hots >_<
10. You must like Pie- Can it be cake? Like chocolate cake?
With a bit more seriousness, I have to say that I agree to most points that he brings up. And these are certainly things that I would look for in a good raider. To add two of my own.
11. Initiative - You have to be able to show initiative. Don't wait for others to show you where to go, figure it out yourself and go there. Don't always wait for others to form a group, just shout out in guild and form your own group.
12. Team Play - Above everything you need to not be a solo player. You have to work well together with the group, and understand and accept that you cannot and will not be the only one in a raid.
How about you, do you possess these traits?