Thursday, July 9, 2009

Free-to-play World of Warcraft is a possibility says Blizzard

Free-to-play World of Warcraft is a possibility says Blizzard

In a recent interview, Tom Chilton of Blizzard stated that the “free-to-play” model is a definite possibility for the worlds biggest MMORPG. Currently the game is pay-to-play and has millions of subscribers.
No comments yet, but the headline is interesting! Will pick it up this evening...after having read it carefully! ;)

My apologies for yesterday, I'm a noob sometimes. *blush*

2 comments:

  1. I've heard that thrown around a little bit. I'm not entirely sure how that would work with WoW. I don't have a real in-depth knowledge of free2play games, but from what I recall you can buy weapons, armor, and vanity items with real life cash for your character rather than earning it? I'd rather not buy my epic flier with cash, thats for sure... With the Gold Farmer Conversion rate of 1100g for 10$, thats like 55-60$ right there if you still need cold weather flying too, lol. Obviously it wouldn't qork quite like that, and I think that free2play is still a long time in the distant future, although I think it is extremely likely one day (who is gonna wanna level an alt from 1 to 100 in a couple years? For realzies...)

    Recent blog post: Double Post Day? It's not gonna be a tradition

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this model will be years out if it does happen. By then WoW will probably have another MMO in the works, or close to release.

    Recent blog post: General Gaming:Mechwarrior is BACK!

    ReplyDelete