Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cataclysm Dungeon Locations - REPOST

I have posted this before, but I figured today would be a good day to post it again :)

To discover the dungeon entrance, you do need to know where they are...below the cut is a nice overview.

If you click on the images a larger version of the picture will appear. I have tried to take screenshots that show accurately where you need to be. 

You may notice that in a lot of the screenshots I have not discovered the entire map yet. While I was doing this I was discovering the instances myself so I could actually queue up for them through the random dungeon finder. 

Also, I'll only be going over the new dungeons. I would hope that you know where to find Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep. And if you don't, you shouldn't be trying them on heroic.

Blackrock Caverns (Level 80-81)
This instance is entered through the Blackrock Mountain. You can get there from Searing Gorge or from Burning Steppes. Several instances live in this mountain. To get to Blackrock Caverns you run around the circle until you find the broken gate. When you run into this hallway you will see some crates scattered around, you go to the right here, and the instance portal is right in front of you.


Throne of the Tides (Level 80-81)
Throne of the Tides is the one of two dungeons in the Abyssal Maw complex located in Vashj'ir. This dungeon has a pretty creative entrance. You get yourself to the Abyssal Breach and then get sucked down. Where you get dropped in a pool in front of the entrance.



The Stonecore (Level 81-85)
This instance is located in Deepholm. To get to Deepholm you take the quest to go through the Maelstrom. This quest is found in Stormwind. After you've entered Deepholm the dungeon entrance can be found on the west side of the temple, about 2/3 of the way up.


The Vortex Pinnacle (Level 81-85)
One of the Skywall instances in Uldum, and the entrance can be found on one of the floating spires. 


Grim Batol (Level 84-85)
Grim Batol is located in the west part of the Twilight Highlands.



Lost City of the Tol'vir (Level 84-85)
The entrance to this dungeon can be found in the south of the zone Uldum.


Halls of Origination (Level 85)
The other dungeon located in Uldum are the Halls of Origination (HoO). This dungeon can be found slightly east of The Lost City of Tol'vir.


6 comments:

  1. wowhead (zam) has great video showing the instances as corpse runs.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SOrTnEKLnw
    I created a shorturl so I could give it out to friends in-game.

    http://cata5mans.notlong.com
    --
    Potatoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, stumbled upon your blog today. You definitely have some good stuff on here; I'm adding you to my reading list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this post sooo helpful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, but you missed two dungeons. I can't remember the names of them and this is what brought me to your post. I went before I hit 83 and can't remember where one of them is. I just remember both being Uldum. There is one located in the Lost City of Tol'vir.

    again great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I said at the top I didn't do Deadmines or SFK since I figured people would know where to go for those two. Other than that all of the dungeons are there :)

    ReplyDelete