Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Bug A Day - Sound Issues

Players have been reporting that their combat sounds seem to lag 30 seconds behind what is actually happening. I've noticed some of this myself every now and then, but what I find more annoying is that quite regularly a sound file seems to get stuck entirely.

THE absolute most annoying was when I had to do an entire Arathi Basin with the sound of the stupid Sen'Jin Fetish on the background. I tried taking other pets out, but it didn't work.

I was rather happy that the BG was finished and I could relog to get rid of the noise.

2 comments:

  1. I just came back from a break since March, and I've had this happen to me all the time since the re-install. Usually it's the Drain Soul sound (really loud too, since I have my game volume low but it ignores it), but it's happened to other sound effects.

    Here's how I fix it: in the Sound menu, toggle Death Knight voices and it will go away without having to relog.

    Actually been having a lot of problems since I came back; that DC issue, plus this and lots of crashes. Repair tool says nothing is wrong, ofc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back in the game, Wes ^_^

    I'll be sure to try your solution and see if it actually works for all the sound bugs.

    ReplyDelete