Tuesday, November 6, 2012

This Blizz poster needs a slap in the face.

Daily Quests and the Grind
Is the only way to get the Elder Charm Coins is by doing dailys by getting 90 of the good coins and turning them into 3 elder...? that sort of forces u into dailys if so.. because u know people want that extra chance in Raid to get the gear so your know there going do dailys to get a silly coin that doesnt even help one bit gg..

"Gear drops in raids like it always has."
"I like gear like I always have."
"But I want bonus chances at that gear."
"I have to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear?!"
"I don't want to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear!"
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

No, this blue poster is completely and utterly wrong. The problem here is not that you have to do 'something' for the charms. The problem here is that you cannot do a variety of things.

If you do not like dailies, you have 2 choices; 1) Be annoyed with the game each time you do them anyways because it is too good to pass them up. 2) Accept that you're not getting this extra chance at loot.

People who are somewhat serious with their raiding will pick number 1.

What Blizzard needs to realize is that this sort of stuff burns people out. They come to dislike the game a little bit more every time they 'have to' do their dailies.

But what I understand least is why Blizzard is not offering options to get these charms. Why not offer them up for Justice Points for example? Not like we can do anything else with those points at the moment anyways.

Why not allow people to gain lesser charms by pvping? Or get a lesser charm through Scenarios? I love those scenarios, but the rewards are somewhat meager at the moment. And since I only have limited time to spend in the game I don't get to do scenarios nearly as much as I would prefer. Instead I spend time doing stuff I don't enjoy much. (as little time as possible mind you)

Why not allow people the way they prefer most to prepare for the game, and have the most fun while getting ready for raid?

Yes, doing something for your reward is good. Having to do some specific thing you don't particularly enjoy, but there is no other way, is bad.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. I'm having trouble summoning the will to do 5-mans or scenarios much. Only have limited time and trying to do dailies and LFR.

    ReplyDelete