Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Power Auras for Holy - For real this time!

As holy I seem to have a million cooldowns and timers to watch, and eventually I'm guessing it will get better once my internal timer starts getting used to them again, but for now I created some handy visual cues.

This does require some understanding of addons, and I do make use of the fact that I use a barmod. (Dominos).

So first I figured out which cooldowns I wanted to watch, and what exactly I wanted to see of these cooldowns.

The abilities I created powerauras for are Chakra, Circle of Healing, Holy Word spells, Prayer of Mending, Shadowfiend, Guardian Spirit, Serendipity, and a reminder for Inner Fire.


All the auras are set to only show in combat, since I really don't think it's too useful to show them while I'm flapping around, even though they're not annoyingly big.

Let's start off with a screenshot where they can all be seen.



As you can see I'm attacking the dummy so that I'm in combat.  

The orange glow around my character is the reminder for Inner Fire. When I cast Inner Fire it disappears with a grow animation. 

The blue circle around my character is for the Chakra buff on me, and the minty green numbers go with that one. The blue circle is shown for only a second to indicate that the Chakra buff on me has started. The numbers should be visible almost at all times. If I work with my chakra properly at least. 

They show a cooldown of the buff on me. When I cast another renew in my renew chakra the numbers change and show the changed time. This allows me to know how long of a duration I have left on the buff, and that way I can make decisions on whether I want to prolong the buff or not. 

The number 2 with the circle around it show my serendipity stacks. I have set this to show up when I have 1 stack and it keeps track of it. I want to know when I have the 40% haste to Greater Heal and Prayer of Healing. The number disappears when I use the buff or when it falls off. 

Underneath that you see two rows of abilities. Those are the abilities used in combat that I a) need to know cooldowns off, or b) don't have under a clique bind, but do want to have at hand. 

What you cannot see in this screenshot is that below this bar I have another two rows of abilities, but those are mainly buff abilities, rez, fear, shackle, etc. Stuff I just don't need very often in combat, but I need to be able to find them. 


On the top row you can see that all the abilities have a white symbol around them. These are the powerauras that I have created. I wanted them to show up, with timers, but I didn't want this entire lightshow in my face the whole time.

So I decided to take a leaf out of Blizzard's big book, and make my actualy spellbuttons 'glow' when they're available. On top of every button I have stuck a timer. For each of these auras the timer is only visible when the ability is not ready, and the timer shows the time left to when the ability is available again.

When the ability is available again, the white symbol around the button shows up again.


For this screenshot I have activated some abilities. As you can see CoH is available, Chakra ability is down and available again in 57 seconds, Holy Word (Aspire in this case) is on cooldown and available again in 9 seconds, PoM is on cooldown and available again in 9 seconds, and shadowfiend and Guardian Spirit are available.

The green numbers under me show that I have close to 27 seconds left on the Chakra Aspire state I am in.


This is what it will look like with all my abilities on cooldown, and this screenshot shows me something else. I need to move my scrolling combat text a little. 

OOC it looks like this. 


Below you can find the exported code for the different Auras. Feel free to use them, and of course change them as you like. I can imagine not everybody enjoys the simplicity that I tried to maintain. 

To use these just copy the code in the blocks and use the import button in power auras. If you want everything you can copy the entire text, if you just want one of them you can copy the part behind 'Aura[number]='
Set=Page 1@

Aura[1]=Version:4.2; b:0.7882; icon:priest_icon_chakra; buffname:Chakra; r:0.9961; x:-77; bufftype:7; texture:10; alpha:1; aurastext:Chakra; isResting:0; wowtex:true; aurastextfont:4; combat:true; size:0.19; y:-158; timer.b:0.4784; timer.g:0.698; timer.Texture:Digital; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.y:-136; timer.x:-81@

Aura[2]=Version:4.2; b:0.4784; g:0.6863; icon:Spell_Holy_InnerFire; buffname:Inner Fire; texture:5; alpha:0.1; aurastext:Inner Fire; symetrie:2; wowtex:true; aurastextfont:2; size:1.56; y:-24; inverse:true; finish:0@

Aura[3]=Version:4.2; g:0.6078; icon:Spell_Holy_Serendipity; buffname:Serendipity; r:0; customname:st; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; texture:4; alpha:1; aurastext:st; isResting:0; stacksOperator:>; wowtex:true; combat:true; size:0.19; y:-67; customsound:st; finish:0; stacks.enabled:true; stacks.y:-68; stacks.UpdatePing:true; stacks.h:0.81; stacks.Texture:Digital@

Aura[4]=Version:4.2; icon:Spell_Holy_Chastise; buffname:Holy Word; x:-28; bufftype:7; texture:10; alpha:1; isResting:0; exact:true; wowtex:true; combat:true; size:0.19; y:-158; timer.g:0.8275; timer.Texture:Digital; timer.enabled:true; timer.r:0; timer.cents:false; timer.y:-136; timer.x:-32@

Aura[5]=Version:4.2; b:0.9882; icon:spell_holy_guardianspirit; buffname:Guardian Spirit; r:0.9882; x:120; bufftype:7; texture:10; alpha:1; isResting:0; wowtex:true; combat:true; size:0.19; torsion:1.01; y:-158; timer.Texture:Digital; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-136; timer.x:107; timer.Seconds99:true@

Aura[6]=Version:4.2; icon:Spell_Shadow_Shadowfiend; buffname:Shadowfiend; x:70; bufftype:7; texture:10; isResting:0; wowtex:true; combat:true; size:0.19; y:-158; timer.Texture:Digital; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-136; timer.x:59@

Aura[7]=Version:4.2; icon:Spell_Holy_PrayerOfMendingtga; buffname:Prayer of Mending; x:21; bufftype:7; texture:10; isResting:0; wowtex:true; combat:true; size:0.19; y:-158; timer.Texture:Digital; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.y:-136; timer.x:16@

Aura[8]=Version:4.2; icon:Spell_Holy_CircleOfRenewal; buffname:Circle of Healing; x:-126; bufftype:7; texture:10; isResting:0; wowtex:true; combat:true; size:0.19; y:-158; timer.b:0.0784; timer.Texture:Digital; timer.enabled:true; timer.r:0.1294; timer.cents:false; timer.y:-136; timer.x:-130@

Aura[9]=Version:4.2; g:0.3922; icon:priest_icon_chakra; buffname:Chakra; r:0.2118; x:1; texture:10; alpha:0.26; isResting:0; duration:0.5; wowtex:true; combat:true; torsion:1.03; y:-22; timer.b:0.749; timer.h:1.89; timer.Texture:AccidentalPresidency; timer.enabled:true; timer.r:0.4902; timer.y:-91; timer.x:-18; timer.UseOwnColor:true; timer.Seconds99:true@
Aura 1 = The Chakra aura around the button
Aura 2 = Inner Fire
Aura 3 = Serendipity stacks
Aura 4 = Holy Word
Aura 5 = Guardian Spirit
Aura 6 = Shadowfiend
Aura 7 = Prayer of Mending
Aura 8 = Circle of Healing
Aura 9 = Blue Chakra circle with the timer until buff expires

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the glowing buttons idea. I use power uaras but have never made anything that slick.

    Bookmarked for future reference.

    gobble gobble

    ReplyDelete
  2. are those 2 rows of ability from power auras? and if so, are they usable? i mean, if you click on them you can cast it

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, the abilties are a bar from dominos. The powerauras around it (the white circles) just indicate whether the ability is ready or not. And yes, they are clickable this way.

    ReplyDelete