What I will do is go down every achievement on the list, and give the crucial tips & tricks to each of the achievements on it. There are several ways to cheese some of the achievements, we have used none, and I refuse to describe any. If you want to earn that drake, then earn it.
Finally, I have left out the 'finish this or that dungeon' type achievement. If you start working on this, you will have done them all at least once.
Volazj's Quick DemiseDefeat Herald Volazj in Ahn'kahet on Heroic Difficulty in 2 minutes or less.
Azjol - Nerub
- Don't bring a healer specced as a healer
- We did this with a priest in shadowspec in healing gear
- If you bring melee, stand on top of eachother so the melee doesn't have to run too far
Respect Your Elders
Defeat Elder Nadox in Ahn'kahet on Heroic Difficulty without killing any Ahn'kahar Guardians.
- Clear the long room behind Elder Nadox's room by going left and clearing all the trash leading to the stairs to the next boss
- Party composition: 2 healers, 2 DPS, 1 tank. One healer should be a paladin, who will aggro the Akn'kahar Guardians and heal through their attacks as they spawn. He will stay at the base of the stairs leading from Elder Nadox's room to the long room
- The tank, DPS and the other healer will kite Elder Nadox to the other end of the room and fight him there, where he will be beyond the range of the Guardian's damage immunity aura
Defeat Jedoga Shadowseeker in Ahn'kahet on Heroic Difficulty without killing any Twilight Volunteers.
- Save damage reduction cooldowns for the enrage after she sacrifices a cultist - have the tank use a cooldown on the first enrage, and other classes can provide abilties to help on the second. Either the tank or another class can take the third
- Melee needs to stay out of melee range while she is enraged, as the Cyclone Strike will kill melee if it hits while enrage is up
- If you have problems with the tank surviving the enrages, bring two tanks and swap between the first and second or second and third enrages
Gotta Go!Defeat Anub'arak in Azjol-Nerub on Heroic Difficulty in 4 minutes or less.
- This achievement has been changed from 2 minutes to 4 minutes as of patch 3.0.8
- It's a minor dps race, just kill the adds fast enough to make the phases that he goes underground as short as possible
Hadronox DeniedDefeat Hadronox in Azjol-Nerub on Heroic Difficulty before he webs the top doors and prevents more creatures from spawning.
- Kill the 3 spawns first, and then wait for him at the top of the slope
- You have to engage him before he reaches the top of the slope
- Kill him in between 2 poison sprays, melee dps makes it easier, but it is very doable with casters
Watch Him DieDefeat Krik'thir the Gatewatcher in Azjol-Nerub on Heroic Difficulty while Watcher Gashra, Watcher Narji, and Watcher Silthik are still alive.
Culling of Stratholme
- 1 healer, 1 tank, 3 high dps > ignore the adds, just kill him. You will die doing this, but only after you got the achievement
- 1 healer, 2 tanks, 2 dps > one tank on him, one on the adds, ignore the adds, kill him
- This is a dps check
The Culling of Time
Defeat the Infinite Corruptor in The Culling of Stratholme on Heroic Difficulty.
- Keep moving between waves - don't stop to loot, make sure to call out or ping which direction to go to minimize time between waves
- Talk to Arthas and start him moving again as soon as the dialogue bubble appears on him. He spends enough time talking to allow mana users to drink to full for the next fight
- You do not need to defeat Mal'ganis first, as soon as you're through the last of the gauntlet, leave Arthas alone and head left from the archway leading to Mal'Ganis to find the Corruptor
Zombiefest!Kill 100 Risen Zombies in 1 minute in The Culling of Stratholme on Heroic Difficulty.
- Do the dungeon like normal until you get to the second boss
- Drag the second boss to the inn and kill him very slowly, giving all the zombies time to respawn outside, once the second boss is dead no more zombies will respawn
- Continue the instance through the inn, and kill the third boss
- Tell slow-poke Arthas to go wait at the end of the tunnel
- Have your tank gather up all the zombies form the first half of the instance and drag them along through the tunnel. They go really slow so he won't die.
- Kill them all and take a couple extra from the last street, since the first half of the dungeon is missing 10 or so zombies to get to 100
Better Off DredEngage King Dred in Drak'Tharon Keep on Heroic Difficulty and slay 6 Drakkari Gutrippers or Drakkari Scytheclaw during his defeat.
- We normally run with a pallie tank and just grouped all of it up and aoed it down
- If you don't have a strong aoe tank, or aoe dps, gather up the raptors and kill them until they are almost dead. Then engage him, kill the raptors quickly, and then finish killing him
Consumption JunctionDefeat Trollgore in Drak'Tharon Keep on Heroic Difficulty before Consume reaches ten stacks.
- The trick is that he only spits consume on characters (PC and NPC) who are in sight
- So have your party hide and make sure that the adds are pulled off to the side as well
- He casts consume about every 10 seconds
- We just had one person watching the stopwatch and anounce 10 seconds, but I found a macro that might help
/rw === Cast consume, safe for 10 secs! ===
/in 10 /rw === Back out now! ===
- Credit for the macro goes to magekill
Oh Novos!Defeat Novos the Summoner in Drak'Tharon Keep on Heroic Difficulty without allowing any undead minions to reach the floor.
Halls of Stone
- This achievement sounds more difficult than it really is, all it takes is to have your party on the stairs and make sure nothing that comes from the stairs reaches the floor
- The adds coming from the side entrances don't have to be stopped
Defeat Moorabi in Gundrak on Heroic Difficulty while preventing him from transforming into a mammoth at any point during the encounter.
- Bring at least 3 players who can interupt, one who can spam interupt (rogue fan of knives)
- The 1st 50% of his health he transforms every 10 secs, 2nd 50% of his health every 5 secs
- The casting speed of transform is sped up as his health goes down by a percentage equal to the percentage of life he's lost (50% health means 50% faster casting)
Share The LoveDefeat Gal'darah in Gundrak on Heroic Difficulty and have 5 unique party members get impaled throughout the fight.
- This can be an endurance fight, depending on how lucky you are
- He only impales those who are in sight
- Bring 2 tanks, or a dps who can OT and have the OT tank him until the tank is impaled
- Have the OT move out of sight and switch off until you have all been impaled
Snakes. Why'd It Have To Be Snakes
Defeat Slad'ran in Gundrak on Heroic Difficulty without getting snake wrapped.
- Tank Slad'ran at the top of the stairs leading to his platform, with everyone on the platform behind him
- AoE the snakes as they come up the stairs to kill them quickly - be sure to catch and kill any snakes that get away from the tank
- Use AoE knockbacks to push the snakes away if they're starting to pile up
What the Eck?
Defeat Gal'darah in Gundrak on Heroic Difficulty while under the effects of Eck Residue
- Leave Eck for last if you entered from that side of the instance - you want to kill him right before you go to Gal'darah to prevent anyone dying early in the instance
- Have everyone stand on the tank while fighting Eck through the first Eck Spray - once you have the Eck Residue debuff, you can move away from the tank again
- On Gal'darah, quick heals are needed on the impale target - any class with healing abilities will want to keep the healer up if they are targeted, while the tank uses cooldowns to stay alive
Abuse the OozeDefeat Sjonnir the Ironshaper in the Halls of Stone on Heroic Difficulty and kill 5 Iron Sludges during the encounter.
- Dps him down to about 50%
- At 50% the sludges start spawning
- Wait until the sludges turn into oozes and kill them
- The fight is a stamina fight for your healer, and your part has to make sure not to stand in his lightning circle
Brann Spankin' New
Defeat the Tribunal of Ages encounter in the Halls of Stone on Heroic Difficulty without allowing Brann Bronzebeard to take any damage.
- Stay near the stairs leading down into the Tribunal area - the tank will normally be standing on the first stair
- Any damage done to the adds will cause them to lose focus on Brann and not attack him until the players are dead
- Use frost traps or slowing totems to keep the mobs near the stairs
Defeat General Bjarngrim in the Halls of Lightning on Heroic Difficulty while he has a Temporary Electrical Charge.
- Go left and clear the platform to fight him Bjarngrim on - clear down the path to the center platform if you have time, but it's not a necessity
- Kill his adds first before moving onto him to cut down on the incoming damage
- Keep track of his stances - melee needs to get out during Whirlwind during Battle Stance and spell casters need to watch for spell reflect during Defensive Stance
Defeat Loken in the Halls of Lightning on Heroic Difficulty in 2 minutes or less.
- Bring good DPS - if your healer is geared enough, stand at his feet and nuke him down through the lightning nova
- If you have healing issues, you can kite the boss between two specific points - the circle in front of his throne and the base of the stairs that lead directly to his platform. Have everyone but the tank stack on his back, so they have less far to run to get out of the nova.
- Alternatively, clear the ring leading to Loken's throne, and kite him along the ring. Have everyone move together and don't move too far away from Loken - thirty yards away is the furthest you need to move
Defeat Volkhan in the Halls of Lightning on Heroic Difficulty without allowing him to shatter more than 4 Brittle Golems.
- Clear the room in front of Volkhan entirely to give you more room to work with
- Ignore the adds - mages can use frost nova, Priests can shield their targets, but overall the damage is easy to heal through
- Bring good DPS - the quicker he's down, the less you have to deal with adds
Defeat Anomalus in The Nexus on Heroic Difficulty without destroying any Chaotic Rifts
- Clear the stone area at the base of the platforms to have more kiting space
- When Anomalus gains Rift Shield, everyone should run out and wait far enough away that they don't take lightning damage from the rifts. When Anomalus loses Rift Shield, let him come to the party
- Have the tank stand a little forward from the rest of the party to AoE the adds while Rift Shield is up and keep them on him - ranged can then AoE them down while the party waits for Anomalus to join them
Defeat Keristrasza in The Nexus on Heroic Difficulty without allowing Intense Cold to reach more than two stacks.
- Intense Cold is dispellable by movement, including jumping... so jump up and down between attacks or spells
- Classes who can dispel magic need to remove Crystal Chains as soon as they are applied, since they prevent movement
- Casters should use instant or quick spells over long casting spells to prevent getting a stack of Intense Cold and then being incased in Crystal Chains
Split PersonalityDefeat Grand Magus Telestra in The Nexus on Heroic Difficulty after having killed her images within 5 seconds of each other during both splits.
- This is a coordination achievement
- Use shift-V (or just V) to see the healthbars
- Make sure to wait until the frost mage is done channeling blizzard since you cannot kill her whil she's channeling
Experienced Drake RiderOn three different visits to The Oculus, get credit for defeating Ley-Guardian Eregos while riding an Amber, Emerald, and Ruby drake on Heroic Difficulty.
- This is a good one to get to know Occulus well enough for Make it Count
- Nothing special, just takes going 3 times on 3 different drakes
Make it Count
Defeat Ley-Guardian Eregos in The Oculus on Heroic Difficulty within 20 minutes of Drakos the Interrogator's death.
- Bring good dps, and know the paths through the instance
- Drake combination: 2 red, 2 green, 1 bronze
- Don't try to avoid the patrolling drakes, kill them if they're in the way, or might be in the way
Amber VoidDefeat Ley-Guardian Eregos in The Oculus on Heroic Difficulty without anyone in your party using an Amber Drake.
- Bring 3 red drakes, 2 greens but 3 greens and 3 reds works too we later discovered
- Have 1 red drake keep him targeted, this is your adds tank
- 1 red drake target the adds, this is your MT
- 1 green healing the MT and the other the OT and rest
- Do keep touch of the nightmare up
Ruby Void + Emeral VoidDefeat Ley-Guardian Eregos in The Oculus on Heroic Difficulty without anyone in your party using a Ruby/Emerald Drake.
- This is 2 achievements for the price of one, bring 5 bronze drakes
- You rotate 3 time stops per round (each round lasts until planar shift) you cannot use more because he goes immune to the Time Stop, each Time Stop has to follow the next seamlessly so he doesn't get a chance to poop out little dragons. You do need a little luck with this
- The trick to this is to have 1 player channel while the other 4 stack this player up to 10 by shooting. Once the first player hits 10 he announces it and the other 4 players start channeling, the first player shoots twice (in case the first is a miss) and with that shoots all 4 other players to 10 stacks. He then channels again, and is shot back up to 10 stacks. Rinse and repeat
- If this is well executed you will do enough damage that he will never not be Time Stopped in between planar shifts
- Time Stop has a cooldown, make sure that you have 1 of the 2 players who didn't time stop in the first round, start with Time Stop in the second round
On The RocksDefeat Prince Keleseth in Utgarde Keep on Heroic Difficulty without shattering any Frost Tombs.
- The Frost Tombs hardly have health and die really easy
- Don't use aoe, at all (poor DKs)
- Don't accidentally try to use penance, or related type spells since they turn hostile and shatter the Frost Tomb
The Party's OverDefeat Prince Taldaram in Ahn'kahet on Heroic Difficulty with less than 5 people.
- 1 healer, 1 tank, 2 dps
- Don't heal the target he leeches off, because you will be healing him
- For Priests: PWS works like a charm since he will slowly chew through it, but doesn't get healed himself
- Don't stand in the fire orbs
Lodi Dodi We Loves the SkadiDefeat Skadi the Ruthless in Utgarde Pinnacle on Heroic Difficulty within 3 minutes of starting the gauntlet event.
This achievement can be done at the same time as:
My Girl Loves to Skadi All the TimeDefeat Skadi the Ruthless in Utgarde Pinnacle on Heroic Difficulty after having killed Grauf from 100% to dead in a single pass.
- Run in and gather 5 spears
- Then run out and reset him. We have checked, since this felt like cheezing it, but this is indeed the only way to do him, so either you have to reset him, or you have to wipe it.
- Run through till the end and have the tank gather up any adds
- Shoot all 5 spears on the first time that he is in range
- Kill him fast, ignore adds if they are still up, he has to die
- Extra-added bonus: a chance for the blue proto drake to drop
King's BaneDefeat King Ymiron in Utgarde Pinnacle on Heroic Difficulty without anyone in the party triggering Bane.
- To do this achievement you need to know what Bane is.
2 sec castSurrounds the caster with an aura of Bane, which deals 1414 to 1586 Shadow damage to nearby enemies whenever the caster is dealt direct damage. Lasts 5 sec.
- There are 2 ways to do this, either you dps him hard enough so that goes to the boats before he ever gets to cast bane, or you have to call everybody to hold off on hitting him when he casts bane
The Incredible Hulk
Force Svala Sorrowgrave to kill a Scourge Hulk on Heroic Difficulty in Utgarde Pinnacle.
- DPS an Abomination to 30% or so while Svala is talking, a small amount of AoE until the first Ritual of the Sword should bring the Hulk close to death
- Tank the Hulk under the sword and have stuns ready if the tank gets knocked off the platform before the sword's hit
- If successful, you see the achievement as soon as the Hulk dies
Defeat Cyanigosa in The Violet Hold without using Defense Control Crystals and with Prison Seal Integrity at 100% while in Heroic Difficulty.
- Pick up portal guardians and groups of enemies next to their portal - keep an AoE running to catch any adds that appear during the fight so they focus on the players instead of getting to the door
- The group from the portal in front of Zuramat on the upper left can split - grab the group going left and have another player tag the mob going right so you can taunt off them.
- Don't try combining this achievement with Dehydration, it makes Dehydration much more difficult
Defeat Ichoron in the Violet Hold on Heroic Difficulty without allowing any Ichor Globules to merge.
- Use the crystal activators to kill the globules during the split phase
- Tank Ichoron in the center of the lower circle between split phases
- Have the designated person pulling the switch stand with their back to the next switch to pull, that way, when they're knocked back by the split they land on the switch they want to pull
Lockdown!Defeat Xevozz, Lavanthor, Ichoron, Zuramat the Obliterator, Erekem, and Moragg in The Violet Hold on Heroic Difficulty.
- This achievement has been an exercise of patience for my group since we just couldn't get Xevozz to spawn, so we did it almost every day for a couple of weeks
- Other than this nothing special, just go do the dungeon and hope that it spawns the right bosses
A Void Dance
Defeat Zuramat the Obliterator in The Violet Hold on Heroic Difficulty without killing any void sentries,
- Kite Zuramat away from his Void Sentries to reduce the damage the group takes
- If you get Void Shift, avoid using any AoE damage moves to prevent accidentally killing a Void Sentry.
- Dispel Shroud of Darkness from Zuramat or stop attacking while it is up. Players will otherwise take five stacks of Shroud of Darkness from attacking and you cannot heal that player anymore