|Picture found here.|
My first two to 25 are Tinker, the panther cub a guildie gave me (thanks Cannae!), and Poker a worgen pup I caught in Kamagua. I've been having fun with the pet battles, and boy oh boy do I need to catch me some pets still.
I'm rather picky though, unless a pet has a very rare skin I keep going until I actually get a rare pet of a type I want. So I don't have a bandicoon yet, though I really really like that pet. But it has to be rare.
Fun, fun, fun!
So imagine how excited I was when I was reading the patch 5.1 notes and seeing that lots of improvements were coming to pet battles.
Some highlights (blue is text quoted from the patch notes):
- A variety of Battle Stones will become available to upgrade the quality of your pets.
I'm a bit weirded out by the fact that you can buy certain stones with justice points, since I don't think you can earn justice points with pet battles, but hey, I personally have nothing better to do with them anyways.
- The Pet Journal will allow you to search for pets per zone.
I hope they also move the pet battle tab to be the first tab (please!)
- Players can now keep up to 650 pets!
- Battle Pet tooltips will now display whether a pet is owned, and how many pets of that type are owned.
- Pet Quality is now displayed in battles, and will be visible on portraits, names and tooltips.
I was already using a mod for these two, thanks Blizzard!
- Macros have been added that allow for summoning random pets and random favorite pets.
And woosh, another addon out the door :D
- The I Choose You achievement has been added for defeating Zen Master Aki. The reward for this achievement is 3000 gold.
Woah, I will so have to find the perfect team for this!
Things I have to look into:
Family specific Flawless Battle-stones can be found in the Sack of Pet Supplies obtained from performing Pet Trainer quests, and are Bind on Pickup.
- Can you repeat trainer quests?
- If not, how do you get your hands on battle stones and other pet goodies once you've done these quests? (other than justice points)
Either way, this part of the patch notes is quite exciting to me, and I am looking forward to this :)
Current wow feeling: