Wednesday, September 16, 2009

From Twitter and some apologies

Jooov: Apparently our "blog war" cost us a reader; who felt the need to post about how childish we were. But who's blog doesn't allow comments. (8 minutes ago from TwitterFox)

Jooov: I'm torn between "idc" and "qq moar, way to miss a point"... Probably a good thing their blog doesn't allow comments. ;) (7 minutes ago from TwitterFox)

Arrens: @Jooov Really? He commented on your blog about it? (5 minutes ago from twhirl in reply to Jooov)

Jooov: @Arrens No, but checking stats this morning, I see "SHAME ON YOU I'M NEVER READING EITHER OF YOU AGAIN BECAUSE UR MEAN" linking to us (6 minutes ago from TwitterFox in reply to Arrens)

Shyraia: @Jooov hmm..my blog does allow comments, and your 'blog war' just didn't make me feel good, but it seems I misunderstood things (5 minutes ago from TwitterGadget in reply to Jooov)

Jooov: @Arrens So of course I look. And try to comment (because hey, way to miss a point) but no dice. (5 minutes ago from TwitterFox in reply to Arrens)

Shyraia: @Jooov it happens, it might just be cultural difference (4 minutes ago from TwitterGadget in reply to Jooov)

Shyraia: @Jooov and oh, I didn't think I worded it that way, but if you want I can clarify my post of course :) (3 minutes ago from TwitterGadget in reply to Jooov)

Jooov: @Shyraia Frankly, you're entitled to your opinion. I'm sorry if you missed the humor in the situation, it was a continuation of an earlier+ (7 minutes ago from TwitterFox in reply to Shyraia)

Jooov: @Shyraia +Twitter battle. I've been teasing @ILikeBubbles to go holy for... months. (6 minutes ago from TwitterFox in reply to Shyraia)

Jooov: @Shyraia If it made you uncomfortable, I can attribute it to cultural or language or anything else. But... it just happens *shrug* (6 minutes ago from TwitterFox in reply to Shyraia)

Jooov: @Shyraia And no, your site doesn't seem to allow comments. It allows READING coms, but there's no link I can hit which allows me TO commnt. (5 minutes ago from TwitterFox in reply to Shyraia)

Arrens: @Jooov @Shyraia It's Blogger's settings. Some firewalls prevent it from posting with its settings. There's a way to get past that (c) (3 minutes ago from twhirl in reply to Jooov)

Arrens: @Jooov @Shyraia but I forget exactly what has to be done. (3 minutes ago from twhirl in reply to Jooov)

Shyraia: @Jooov I use the Echo system, it's been giving me crap *sigh* sounds like I have work to do when I come home =/ (3 minutes ago from TwitterGadget in reply to Jooov)


This comes from Twitter. I'm not sure why comments aren't allowed, but I will definitely look into this. Of course I allow comments. (Just not without me checking them before I allow them publicly, I did learn my lesson with that early on.) I'll check into my commenting system when I get home from work.

But yeah, apologies if I misunderstood. The posts made me feel ergh inside. They made me feel as if people were just throwing mud at each other, which in turn just made me go, yugh don't want to read this sort of stuff. I guess my sense of humor is not the same, and I guess as long as both parties are happy with it, all's right in the world.

Shame that this sort of stuff so badly translates in text. There's enough people in the world who call others idiots and throw mud. But these people apparently throw friendly mud, or something....

So while I'll definitely keep skipping those type of posts, I'll look them up for their theorycrafting and other posts.

3 comments:

  1. I should twitter more...but it's too much of me on the internet already. I blog, facebook...you really want me to twitter. IT's TOO MUCH RIVS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay, Shy... rule of thumb on the internet is that you can't see body language, hear the tone of someone's voice, and can't see the thin line drawn between snarky sarcasm and blunt rudeness when reading text. It's easy to misunderstand things that on written in black and white when you can't tell what the reader behind it is thinking. As Jov said, she and Bubs have had a looooong history that isn't really publically known on thier blogs, so it's easy to misunderstand and be offended when a random mud-slinger is thrown up without any disclaimer or clarification on the situation behind it.

    Regardless, it's good to know you felt comfortable enough to state your opinion on the matter so that Jov and Bubs could explain themselves. It takes a very confident person to confront someone about something like this, and I really admire you for it.

    Recent blog:=- Divided Attention

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we have too much Rivs?

    Recent blog:=- How to be a good PUG

    ReplyDelete